- Please always use internationally accepted signs and symbols for units (SI units).
- Nomenclature: Insofar as possible, authors should use systematic names similar to those used by Chemical Abstract Service or IUPAC.
- Genus and species names should be in italics.
- Generic names of drugs and pesticides are preferred; if trade names are used, the generic name should be given at first mention.
- Please use the standard mathematical notation for formulae, symbols, etc.:Italic for single letters that denote mathematical constants, variables, and unknown quantities Roman/upright for numerals, operators, and punctuation, and commonly defined functions or abbreviations, e.g., cos, det, e or exp, lim, log, max, min, sin, tan, d (for derivative) Bold for vectors, tensors, and matrices.